The Apprentices

The Apprentices
The Apprentices from left to right - Lewis Manning, Connor Day, Amy Kirby, Paul Edwards (me), Greg Beaver, Jonathan Jones

Monday 30 December 2013

Three months in on Dividends:

For the past three months I have been working on the dividends team, specifically dealing with unit trust. It is my team’s job to process the money that is paid from shares bought under the Rathbones name (known as a nominee) to our clients that we have bought the shares on behalf of. Dividends are paid out yearly, semi-annually, quarterly and even monthly, which means that there is a constant stream of work for us to deal with and so we are always busy!
Since I have been here for three months now, I am dealing with more advanced areas of my job, such as reinvested sales on dividends and queries from other teams. Although I am actually doing them instead of simply observing my colleagues, I still receive help when it’s needed and everyone is always more than willing to assist me (thankfully!)
Along with my usual job of processing dividends to clients and various other tasks across the team, I was also given the opportunity to chair a team meeting so that I could use this as evidence for my NVQ qualification. This included organising and booking the room, inviting the team, providing the agenda, addressing the team at the meeting and also sending out minutes of the meeting to the team after the meeting.
I had never done anything quite like this before so at first I was quite nervous, especially the speaking part, but since I have settled into my team very well and I get along with everybody, I was much more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment