The Apprentices

The Apprentices
The Apprentices from left to right - Lewis Manning, Connor Day, Amy Kirby, Paul Edwards (me), Greg Beaver, Jonathan Jones

Monday 27 January 2014

Appraisal Week

I am now nearing the end of my fourth month at Rathbones, and have just over two months left on the Dividends team before I move to the Transfers department for six months. Even though I am looking forward to learning more about the industry and how different teams in Rathbones work, a big part of me would quite happily stay on this team as a permanent member, which is a credit to the people on the team more than anything.
For the last two weeks our team has had appraisals, which is a performance review meeting with your manager that looks at ways to motivate you and to improve performance. Everyone in my team has now completed their appraisals with our manager, except for me…
Well, kind of.
Instead, I have had a three month probation review, which in effect is like a monthly appraisal for the first three months to check how you are doing and also to see if you suit the job to the correct level.
Thankfully, everything went as well as I could have hoped for and I have now completed all three of my probation reviews with my manager on Dividends.

No comments:

Post a Comment