The Apprentices

The Apprentices
The Apprentices from left to right - Lewis Manning, Connor Day, Amy Kirby, Paul Edwards (me), Greg Beaver, Jonathan Jones

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Dealing Overview

Yesterday I was given an overview of the Dealing department at Rathbones as part of my education from the apprenticeship. I saw this as a great opportunity to broaden my knowledge about what our company does and how it works, and to also decide on where I would like to end up further down the years.
Needless to say, the dealing role is a pressured, exciting and important role in our business as it epitomises much of what we do at Rathbones i.e. buying and selling shares for our clients as per the fund manager’s request. I was also impressed at the volume of analytical data that is used for certain trades on the dealing desk, and this I believe makes the job all the more interesting (and pressured!)
It is perhaps too soon to say that this is where I would like to be in the investment industry, but I certainly found this role to be very interesting and one I would most definitely consider aiming towards achieving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment